A library of eBooks and supporting resources written and edited by our experienced teachers, brought to life by our creative illustrators and designers.
What is Twinkl Originals?
Twinkl Originals is a library of eBooks for ages 0-11, perfect for helping you to promote a love of reading in your setting. Develop children's vocabulary and language comprehension, while helping them to understand experiences and perspectives that differ from their own.
Written and edited by our team of experienced teachers, the eBooks cover commonly taught topics and themes. They also help children to understand important concepts, events or stages in life.
The growing library of titles includes:
- Originals First Words books - very simple books with limited text for very young children
- Growing Up in Bobbin Bridge - relatable stories about everyday life for children 18 months +
- Picture books for children aged 2-4 - engaging stories with lots of rhyme and repetition
- Originals Explorers - non-fiction books to help you introduce children aged 3-5 to the genre
- Picture books for children aged 5-7 - stories with a little more text, ambitious vocabulary and slightly more complicated plots
- Leap into Chapters - a range of chapter books to take readers from decoding to fluency, ideally for children aged 6+
- Picture books for children aged 7-11 - stories that cover tricky topics and help children to develop awareness and social consciousness
- Longer stories - our longer novels for children aged 7-11
- Twinkl Poetry Collection - a collection of original poems, including limericks, haikus, free verse and acrostic, for children aged 5-11
What other resources link to Twinkl Originals?
All stories are accompanied by a set of bespoke teacher-created resources and activities to engage and inspire children at school, at home and beyond. From story sequencing, writing and comprehension activities to small-world and role-play resources.
You can also find Twinkl PlanIt and Foundation lesson plans linked to Originals books, to help you take the learning further. There are also lots of videos and interactive digital games linked to the Originals books available from Twinkl Go! These are included in the Extra and Ultimate memberships.
Where do I find Twinkl Originals stories and resources?
All of our books and resources can be found in the Twinkl Originals Library. Use the filters on the left of the page to find stories by age and click on the story of your choice to find and download the eBook and accompanying resources.
You can also find the stories on the Twinkl Originals app. Use your Twinkl login details to access the app and enjoy Originals books, wherever you are. Download the app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
Do I need a membership to access Twinkl Originals books and resources?
All Twinkl Originals books and resources are available with any premium membership. Only the lesson plans for Twinkl Original stories written by the Twinkl PlanIt and Foundation teams are available with an Extra or Ultimate membership.
To try Twinkl Originals for free, download our taster packs for ages 0-11, across fiction, non-fiction and poetry.
Can I buy printed copies of the Twinkl Originals books?