Key Summary Information:
- Twinkl Apps are available on both Apple (via the App Store) and Android (via the Google Play Store) devices. But not every app is available for both types.
- We currently do not publish our apps to any other platforms/devices/stores.
- You will have the best experience by using the latest app version, on a modern device, running an up to date operating system version. The newer the device and software, typically the better the experience.
Further Detailed Information:
- The absolute minimum device and software requirements for all our Apps can be found on the relevant App store listings.
- To run AR Apps (for example: Twinkl LeARn & Explore) on Apple Devices, Apple requires your device to have an A9 processor or later See: https://www.apple.com/augmented-reality/
- To ensure the best experience for you as a customer, Twinkl Apps are only available to be installed on devices running either: (1) actively supported operating system versions, or (2) operating system versions which are still receiving security updates.
(1) We are able to support you if you are running the latest version of our apps, on a supported device. At the time of writing, this means we will support you when you are running the latest version of an app on a device with the following operating system versions: Apple iOS 13 or later, or Android 8.0 or later.
(2) You are free to try and install our apps on older devices, running OS versions that are still receiving security updates, however, we cannot offer you support nor guarantee good performance. We suggest you switch to a fully supported device and operating system if you encounter any issues.
As of Oct 2021, you should be able to install the latest versions of our apps on Apple iOS 12.5.5.
- The performance of our Apps, some of which feature process intensive Augmented Reality (AR) content, will vary depending upon the performance of your device, we recommend using a modern device for the best experience. We know that our customers don't always have access to the very latest technology, which is why we offer a range of apps, many of which will perform well on older devices.
- We have found that our customers experience performance issues when running our Apps on Android devices in particular. This is often simply due to the age of the device, or an out-dated Android OS version. As a general rule, Apple devices tend to feature higher powered hardware, and in-turn cost more, than Android devices. The power of a devices' hardware becomes especially important for AR and 3D content, this content can refuse to run, or run badly on old hardware and in some cases means we cannot even publish our apps for Android due to feature limitations outside of our control (for example, the availability of certain software libraries needed to offer specific app functions).
- We understand that not being able to run our apps, or not having a good experience, is frustrating for you - please reach out to our TwinklCares team for support, even if this is just to confirm that the app's hardware requirements are too intensive for your particular device.