Have you turned it off and on again? Ahh, the old phrases are the best! But as trite as these are, often the simplest steps can resolve a large majority of issues.
If you are having issues logging into an app with a Twinkl Account, follow these simple steps for basic troubleshooting:
- If you see a message informing you that you don't have a subscription or the right subscription to access our apps, you will need to add or upgrade your subscription to the right level.
- If you see a message informing you that the credentials you entered didn't work, follow these steps:
- Visit the Twinkl website (and log out if you are already logged in).
- Try to log in using the credentials you have that aren't working in one of our apps.
- If you cannot log in to the website, check the credentials you are using are correct and optionally reset your password if you need to.
- Once you have confirmed you have tested your credentials as working on the Twinkl website, return to the App you want to log into, completely remove any test in the username and password field and re-enter your credentials ensuring they are entered correctly.
- Optionally test another Twinkl App and then get in contact with TwinklCares if you are still unable to log in. TwinklCares will reset your password for you and ask you to confirm you can log in correctly, after this they will escalate any further issues to our App Support team for review.
- If you are logging in with a Learner Login and see a message informing you that you don't have app access, please talk to the adult who gave you your Learner Login details and ask them to check the credentials are correct AND they have granted you access to the app you are trying to log into using the Learner Login Permissions Page - this is an intentional two step process designed to ensure adults are fully in control of Learner Login usage/access.
- Our apps require internet access, and the ability to communicate with our web-based API endpoint - https://api.twinkl.co.uk in order to function correctly. Please ensure your device is connected to the internet and has access to https://api.twinkl.co.uk (if you are a school-based user, your IT technician confirm access for you, or you can test app log in from home to see if there is a difference) - read more about Whitelisting Twinkl here.
App Crash / App Hang / App Functionality Issues?
Closing the App and Re-Opening
It is possible to close (rather than switch out of) an app on both iOS and Android, we recommend doing this as a first troubleshooting step for all issues.
- Closing an App on an Apple Device , or refer to your device manual.
- Closing an App on an Android Device , or refer to your device manual.
- After quitting the App, physically fully power off your device (not sleep), and power it back on again. Re-open the App once your device has finished powering back on.
Un-installing and Re-installing (which will also update an App)
As a second step, often completely removing and re-installing an App can help. We recommend you clear any App specific data/preferences/cache when you do this, if this is possible on your device.
- Un-installing an App on an Apple Device - You should not need to worry about App Cache clearing on an Apple Device if you have un-installed an app.
- Un-installing an App on an Android Device - You may wish to check you have cleared any App Cache on an Android device once an app has been un-installed. Instructions vary by device type, however commonly this can be done via 'Android Settings' > 'Apps' > find and click on the App > press 'Force Stop' > press 'Clear Data' > press 'Un-install'.
- Then, reinstall via the App store for your device.