Twinkl PowerPoint Presentation resources are created on Microsoft PowerPoint and are primarily available in the .pptx file format. If you do not have Microsoft PowerPoint, there are a couple of other ways you can open the PowerPoint Presentation resources.
WPS Office is a great free alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint that is suitable for all major computer operating systems (including Windows, MacOS and Linux). To download WPS Office and open our presentation resources, follow these steps:
1) Download the WPS Office installer from the WPS website here.
2) Run the initial set up. If you don’t want WPS Office to be the default software when opening PDF, presentation and text files make sure to uncheck the box when prompted during installation.
3) Once the software is installed, right-click (Mac Control-click) a .pptx file and select Open With > WPS Office
4) Edit the presentation if desired using the edit view.
5) Play the presentation in a full-screen mode by enabling slideshow mode with the large ‘play’ button in the bottom right corner.
It is also possible to open our presentation resources on Google Slides however some of the features may have a different format as our presentation resources are not made in this program. To open the resource in Google Slides, follow these steps:
1) Download the resource to your device
2) Open your Google Drive
3) Drag and drop the resource into your Google Drive
4) Right-click (Mac Control-click) on the resource and select 'Open with' then 'Google Slides'
5) Edit if desired in the edit view. Please note, some PowerPoint features can't be displayed in Google Slides and some can be lost when changes are made.
6) Play the presentation in a full-screen mode by clicking 'Slideshow' at the top right of the screen, above the presentation. This is highlighted in green in the image below.