Twinkl Ultimate Subscribers have access to a growing library of over 400 3D and Augmented Reality (AR) Models. From human organs to battleships, butterflies to Viking longboats and even the structure of Earth, our ever-expanding library of models has something to engage, inspire and educate all ages.
Introducing Twinkl's 3D and AR Model Resources
Thanks to our team of experienced teachers and creative 3D artists, you can now bring learning to life in any educational setting. Engage learners with an immersive experience by using our ever-growing collection of over 400 3D and AR models.
The 3D models can be used on individual device screens or viewed together on an interactive whiteboard. You can rotate, spin and zoom in and out of the models, allowing you to explore details from every angle and bring topics to life.
Augmented reality (AR) adds a further element by combining a 3D model with a real environment; this allows for some really unique opportunities, such as appearing to stand next to the object or holding it in the palm of your hand.
Our detailed and accurate models are designed to help deliver specific educational value. You could develop understanding of the conditions of soldiers in a First World War trench, explore early technology built by the Victorians or consider the size and scale of dinosaurs.
The 3D models can be instantly viewed using each model’s Launch button on our desktop site. Simply visit the Twinkl website, sign in, find the model you want to view and click ‘Launch’.
Alternatively, you can view the models in AR using an up to date, supported Apple device such as an iPad or iPhone. On your Apple device, use either the web browser to sign in to the Twinkl website or use the Twinkl App; find the model you would like to view and press ‘Download’.
Learners can also easily access and use AR models on supported Apple devices if you share them using our Planner tool.
You can find detailed instructions for each way of using the models below.
Where can I find Twinkl's 3D and AR Models?
You can find all of our models in the 3D and Augmented Reality Models section of the Twinkl website.
The models are all categorised into subjects, topics and themes to help you to find the perfect model to engage, inspire and teach.
How do I use Twinkl's 3D and AR Models?
You can view the 3D models instantly by clicking the ‘Launch’ button on the desktop site.
- Sign in to the Twinkl website (Ultimate subscription required)
- Select the 3D model you want to view
- Click the ‘Launch’ button
- Rotate the model on screen to view and explore it from all angles
To view Twinkl’s 3D models in AR, you will need a supported Apple device. Supported devices include iPads and iPhones with an up to date iOS.
- Open the web browser on your Apple device
- Visit the Twinkl website and sign in to your Twinkl account (Ultimate subscription required)
- Find the model you want to view.
- Click on the green ‘Download’ button; a new tab will open and a preview of the model will be shown - the loading time for the preview will depend on your internet connection
- Press on the AR logo in the top right of the preview
- You will be offered the ability to switch between AR and Object mode; AR mode allows you to place the object in the real world when viewed through the device’s camera
- Follow the on-screen instructions on your device to view the model in AR mode
- Move and scale the object or move around it viewing the object through your device to fully explore it
Can I share Twinkl's 3D and AR models with learners so that they can use them on their own devices?
Thanks to our recently developed Planner tool, Twinkl resources can be shared with multiple learners using supported Apple devices. This enables you to give access to your selected models which learners can then use on multiple devices at the same time, such as when using a class set of iPads, or to use for home learning.
Learners simply go to twinkl.co.uk/share on their supported Apple device, enter the PIN you have provided and can then open the AR models using the same process described above.
To find out more about using the Planner tool, watch this useful video or follow the simple steps below.
- Log in to the Twinkl website with your Ultimate account
- Find an AR model that you would like to share with your learners
- Open the Planner tool by clicking on the blue Planner tab at the top right of the page
- Add a lesson by following the simple steps in the Planner tool or choose an existing lesson
- Add the models and any other resources that you want to share by dragging each resource preview image into the lesson area on the Planner toolbar
- Once you have added the resources you want to share, click on ‘Manage lesson sharing’ which will take you to your Lessons Overview
- In the Lessons Overview, find the lesson with the AR models that you want to share and click the ‘Share’ button. Enable sharing by toggling the ‘Share this lesson’ switch to green and clicking ‘Save’
- A lesson sharing PIN code will be generated and shown to you on the lesson preview
- Give the PIN code to your learners to enter at twinkl.co.uk/share on a supported Apple device. When they enter this code, they will be able to open any of the models that you’ve shared on their device