The display lettering template is a great way to personalise any display you are creating!
Follow the steps below to create your own display lettering.
1) Sign in to your Twinkl account and click the Create button at the top of the Twinkl web page.
2) Click ‘Start Creating Now, for FREE’.
3) Three options will appear on screen. Find the ‘Create New’ option on the left and click the ‘START CREATING’ link.
4) Click ‘Display Materials’.
5) Use the filter on the left to select ‘Display Lettering’ and choose from one of the designs available or click ‘Custom Display Lettering’ to create your own design.
Both pre designed and customised templates include the choice of 1 or 2 letters per page. This can either be selected once you've chosen the design (as shown below) or when you click the text box in the toll bar on the left of the screen.
6) Once you've selected your template, you can add text. To do this, click on the top tab on the left of the screen (TT). Here you can select a font type, font size and type your text. Once you have typed your text click ‘Update Text’.
The font type, font size, and text can be edited at any time by clicking on the font tab in the options on the left of the screen.
7) It’s good practice to save your resource as early as possible. Choose a name for your resource and type this in the box at the top right of the web page. Click ‘Save’ next to the box to save it.
The resource has now been saved and you’ll be able to see a message at the bottom of the screen indicating when the resource was last saved.
8) To add a pattern or change the colour of the letters, click on the third tab in the options on the left (striped square). Click on one of the patterns to fill each letter and change the colours by clicking in the box next to the paint cans above the letters.
Alternatively, click on ‘Images’ above the patterns and click on one of the images available to add a background image.
9) To add individual images on each letter, click the second tab on the left of the screen. Scroll through or use the search bar to find an image. Click on the image to add it to your letters. If you have chosen 2 letters per page, two images will be added to the page. Click on the image on the left and a blue box will appear allowing you to change the size and position of both images.
Above the images you will find a tab labelled ‘Web’. This allows you to find images from the web to add to your lettering. Click on the image in the options on the left of the screen to add it to your lettering, then click on the image on your lettering to change the size and placement.
Above the images you will find a tab labelled ‘My Images’. This allows you to upload your own images from your device. Click the tab and either drag and drop the image you want to use into the box available or click in the box and select the image from a folder on your device. Once you’ve chosen your image, Click to add a tick in the box to confirm the image is your own and then click the ‘Upload image’ button.
The image will appear underneath the ‘Upload image’ button and can now be used with any Create template that allows you to add your own image. Click on the image and it will appear on your lettering. Click on the image on your lettering to change the size and placement.
10) To remove an image, click on it so a box appears around it. In the task bar above the lettering you’ll see the image and a bin symbol. Click on the bin to delete the image.
11) Create will automatically add a black coloured border to the display lettering but if you would prefer a different colour, click on the bottom tab in the options on the left (outline of a square with solid and dotted sides).
Here you can choose a colour from the options given or click on the colour in the task bar above the lettering to choose something else.
You can also change the size of the border. In the task bar above the lettering, click on the arrows next to the number to change the size of the border.
12) When you have finished creating your resource, click ‘Save’ at the top right of the web page. If this is the first time you are saving your resource, please take a look at step 7.
13) Once saved, click ‘Download’ at the top right of the web page. Take a look at the print preview to check you are happy with your resource, then click ‘Save and Download’.
You will see a progress bar on screen and can leave feedback for the Create team if you wish.
14) Your resource will download as a PDF and once downloaded can be found in your devices ‘Downloads’ folder. Open the PDF and click on the printer icon to print out your display lettering.
Please note, your screen may look different to the image above depending on the PDF reader you use.
If you have any problems creating display lettering, please get in touch with TwinklCares. Let them know the email address you are signed in with, the title of your resource, and the web address you can see when you are creating your resource. They'll be happy to help further.