Use Create to make personalised banners for your displays.
1) Sign in to your Twinkl account and click the Create button at the top of the Twinkl web page.
2) Click ‘Start Creating Now, for FREE’.
3) Three options will appear on screen. Click on the ‘Create New’ option on the left and the ‘START CREATING’ link.
4) Click ‘Display Materials’.
5) Display Banner templates will appear. You can choose from one of the designs available or click ‘Custom Banner’ to create your own design.
6) Pre designed templates are preset to cover either 2 or 3 A4 pages. If you choose to create your own banner, you can select whether you would like your banner to cover 2 or 3 A4 pages.
Should you change your mind about the template you have chosen, you can click on the top tab on the left of the page to look through the templates available.
7) Once you have selected your template, you can add text. To do this, click on the second tab from the top on the left of the screen (TT). Here you can select a font type, font size and type your text. Once you have typed your text click ‘Add New Text Box’.
The text you have written will appear on the banner. Click on it and hold to move the text around the banner.
If you choose to edit the text at any time, click on the text tab in the options on the left of the screen, highlight the text and edit as you wish using the options above the text box.
8) It’s good practice to save your resource as early as possible. Choose a name for your resource and type this in the box at the top right of the web page. Click ‘Save’ next to the box to save it. The resource has now been saved and you’ll be able to see a message at the bottom of the screen indicating when the resource was last saved.
9) Once you've added the text, you can add shapes and images to your banner. To add shapes, click the third tab from the top on the left of the screen. Scroll through the shapes available and click on one to add it to your banner. Use the box around the shape to change the size, or click and drag to move it.
To change the outline and centre colour of a shape, click on the shape on the banner, so the box appears around it. Then click on the options above the banner to change colour and the size of the outline of the shape.
10) To add an image to your banner, click on the fourth tab from the top on the left of the screen. Here you can browse through Twinkl's illustrations. Click on the illustration you would like to add to your banner and this will appear with a box around it which you can use to change the size, or click and drag to move it around the banner.
To use an image from the internet, click the image tab on the left of the screen and 'Web' above the options that appear. Search for an image you would like to use and then click on it in the options that appear. The image will appear on your banner with a box around it which you can use to change the size and click and drag to move it around.
To add your own images to your banner, click the 'My Images' tab. This allows you to upload your own images from your device. Any previously uploaded images can be found here, just click the image to add it to the banner.
To add a new image, either drag and drop the image you want to use into the box available or click in the box and select the image from a folder on your device. Once you’ve chosen your image, Click to add a tick in the box to confirm the image is your own. Then click the ‘Upload image’ button.
Your image will appear underneath the ‘Upload image’ button and can now be used with any Create template that allows you to add your own image. Click on the image and it will appear on your banner. Click on the image on your banner so that a box appears around it. This allows you to change the size and placement of the image.
To remove an image, click on it so a box appears around it. In the task bar above the banner you’ll see a bin symbol. Click on the bin to delete the image.
11) To add a background colour or pattern to your banner, click the fifth tab from the top on the left of the screen (striped square). Click on the first square to add a background colour. Once applied, click on the square next to the paint can icon, in the task bar above the banner, to select a colour.
Click on one of the patterns to add a background pattern. Use the task bar above the banner to change the colours of the background and increase or decrease the size of the pattern. You can also change the opacity and delete the background.
12) To add a border to your banner, click on the bottom tab in the options on the left (outline of a square with solid and dotted sides). Click on a colour to add it your banner and use the options in the task bar above the banner to change the thickness and shade of the border. You can also use the tool to change the shape of the corners.
If you'd prefer an image border for your banner, click 'Images' at the top of border options on the left of the screen. Here, you can search through a collection of borders.
To create your own border using Twinkl's illustrations, click 'Illustrations' at the top of the border options on the left of the screen. Here, you can choose up to 4 illustrations and they will be added to the banner as a repeated pattern border.
To remove an illustration from your border, move your mouse over the illustration on the left of the screen. A bin symbol will appear. Click on the bin symbol to remove the illustration.
13) When you have finished creating your resource, click ‘Save’ at the top right of the web page. If this is the first time you are saving your resource, please take a look at step 8.
14) Once saved, click ‘Download’ at the top right of the web page.
15) Take a look at the print preview to check you're happy with your resource, then click ‘Save and Download’.
You'll see a progress bar on screen and can leave feedback for the Create team if you wish.
16) Once downloaded, your device may display an option on screen to open the resource. Alternatively, it can be found in the ‘Downloads’ folder of your device. Your resource will download and open as a PDF. Please note, your screen may look different to the image below depending on the PDF reader your device uses.
17) Now you can print your resource!
If you have any problems creating display banner, please get in touch with TwinklCares. Let them know the email address you are signed in with, the title of your resource, and the web address you can see when you are creating your resource. They'll be happy to help further.