Use Create to make personalised bunting for your displays .
1) Sign in to your Twinkl account and click the Create button at the top of the Twinkl web page.
2) Click ‘Start Creating Now, for FREE’.
3) Three options will appear on screen. Click on the ‘Create New’ option on the left and the ‘START CREATING’ link.
4) Click ‘Display Materials’.
5) Select 'Display Bunting' on the left of the screen to see some of the templates available. Please note you may need to zoom out a little to see this option.
6) To create bunting from a blank document, click the tab at the top of the options on the left of the screen to choose a template.
7) To add text to your bunting, click on the second tab from the top on the left of the screen (TT). Here you can select a font type, font size and type your text. To add one letter to each flag, type a letter in the text box and click ‘Add New Text Box’.
To a word to a flag, type the word in the text box, change the font and font size as needed and click ‘Add New Text Box’. The word will appear on the template with a box around it. Click on this to move the word onto the flag.
8) It’s good practice to save your resource as early as possible. Choose a name for your resource and type this in the box at the top right of the web page. Click ‘Save’ next to the box to save it. The resource has now been saved and you’ll be able to see a message at the bottom of the screen indicating when the resource was last saved.
9) Once you've added the text, you can add shapes and images to your bunting. To add shapes, click the third tab from the top on the left of the screen. Scroll through the shapes available and click on one to add it to your bunting. Use the box around the shape to change the size or click and drag to move it.
To change the outline and centre colour of a shape, click on the shape on the bunting, so the box appears around it. Then click on the options in the taskbar above the bunting to change the centre colour, the outline colour, and the size of the outline of the shape.
10) To add an image to your bunting, click on the fourth tab from the top on the left of the screen. Here you can browse through Twinkl's illustrations. Click on the illustration you would like to add to your bunting. This will appear with a box around it which you can use to change the size or click and drag to move it into place on your bunting.
To use an image from the internet, click the image tab on the left of the screen and 'Web' above the options that appear. Search for an image you would like to use and then click on it in the options that appear. The image will appear on your bunting with a box around it which can be used to change the size and click and drag to move it around.
To add your own images to your bunting, click the 'My Images' tab. This allows you to upload your own images from your device. Any previously uploaded images can be found here, just click the image to add it to the resource.
To add a new image, click the tab and either drag and drop the image you want to use into the box available or click in the box and select the image from a folder on your device. Once you’ve chosen your image, Click to add a tick in the box to confirm the image is your own and then click the ‘Upload image’ button.
Your image will appear underneath the ‘Upload image’ button and can now be used with any Create template that allows you to add your own images. Click on the image and it will appear on your bunting. Click on the image on your resource so that a box appears around it. This allows you to change the size and placement of the image.
To remove an image, click on it so a box appears around it. In the task bar above the bunting you’ll see a bin symbol. Click on the bin to delete the image.
11) A background colour can be added to the whole page (behind the bunting) or to each individual flag.
To add a background colour or pattern to the whole page, click the fifth tab from the top on the left of the screen (striped square). Click on the first square to add a background colour. Once applied, click on the square next to the paint can icon in the task bar above the bunting to select a colour.
Click on one of the patterns to add a background pattern. Use the task bar above the bunting to change the colours of the background and increase, or decrease, the size of the pattern. You can also change the opacity and delete the background.
To add a coloured background and border to each flag, click on the flag so a red box appears around it. Click the squares next to paint can and pencil icons in the task bar above your resource to add colour. To change the size of the boarder, click the arrows in the 'stroke width' box.
12) When you have finished creating your resource, click ‘Save’ at the top right of the web page. If this is the first time you are saving your resource, please take a look at step 8.
13) Once saved, click ‘Download’ at the top right of the web page.
14) Take a look at the print preview to check you are happy with your resource, then click ‘Save and Download’.
You will see a progress bar on screen and can leave feedback for the Create team if you wish.
15) Once downloaded, your device may display an option on screen to open the resource. Alternatively, it can be found in your devices ‘Downloads’ folder. Your resource will download and open as a PDF. Please note, your screen may look different to the image below depending on the PDF reader your device uses.
16) Now you can print your bunting!
If you have any problems creating display bunting, please get in touch with TwinklCares with the email address you are signed in with, the title of your resource, and the web address you can see when you are creating your resource.